What a great New Year's Eve





Well I dont think anyone would have been able to have a greater new years eve than

I dont think anyone could bhave been able to have a greater new years eve than Dawn and I as we went to the Keswick and saw Devon Allman and Hoheytribe, followed by his father Gregg Allman. Devon and I became friends two years ago when he first opened for his father at the KESWICK. When I saw that he was again coming to open for his father again on new years eve, well, I shot him a quick email. As a result, DAWNA AND I, got to go backstaqe during intermission, and met up with Devon. He is a comsumate guitarist, in the vain of, naturally, his father. To hear him, with eyes closed, one might think of early Allman Brothers. This perfomance was scaled down with only Devon, George on bass, and a new drummer of only one week, but I dont recall his name. He did a fantastic job by the way. Anyway, Devon did not disappoint the audience as his fingers slithered with machine-gun speed up and down the neck of his Les Paul. It is a pleasure and an honor to say he is my friend. Dawn was awed by his similarity to his father, as she did not see him on the last trip. She was even star struck when we went back stage to talk with Devon and foundhim sitting with his Father. She at first did not see Gregg, and when she did, she was somewhat at a loss for words for a second. above are two photos of Devon performing that night.

No comments: