Comedy Show

Well, this week, Dawn took me to Atlantic City for my birthday. We stayed at the Brogata for two days. She even got tickets to the comedy shown the night of our arrival. That is what this post is about. It was one of the best comedy shows I have ever seen. The talent in the 3 performers was amazing. The first act was Chipps Cooney. His "msgic" act was the best spoof I have ever seen. He did not do one single magic trick, but that did not matter. He had the audience in the palm of his "slight of hand." The second act was Rob Magnotti. This young performer was by in large the best impersonator I have seen since the days of Rich Little and Frank Gorshin. Robs impersonatiions were dead one down to the mannerisms of the likes of John Travolta, Dustin Hoffman, Kramer, and Jerry Sienfeld. Then the headliner came on and that was Richie Minervini. Richie was on "The King of Queens", and his act was outrageous. His comments on the movies in the elevator, Jersey Tolls, the women leaving for the rest room, and the couple pawing each other in the front row were great. This was the best show I have seen and would gladly see it again if given the chance. I will be looking for the three of them to be coming by the Phila area, and if they do I will be first in line for the tickets, although I would hope that this blog would help me to get free tickets. I strongly recommend all who read this to be on the look out for these three to come to your area..

No comments: