Robert Cray and Keb-Mo show


Tonight was the Blues show that we had been waiting to see. We have seen both Robert and Keb in the past as opening acts for Buddy Guy and Bonnie Raitt, but never saw them as headliners. We were not disappointed. Both had an hour and a half set that just cooked. Both artists are Grammy winners and neither one let the audience down. There was a duet early in the Robert Cray set that just blew me away. Wish I knew the name of the song. Then later in his set Bob did a song called Twenty which is an anti-war song reminiscent of the protest songs of the 60's. Brought back all the Vietnam memories, but in a good way( as far as protests go ). It struck me half way thru his set, and I told Dawn, Bob at times sounds to me exactly like Marvin Gaye. What a talent. Then Keb came on and sorry to say I missed the first half as I had to take Dawn home, she was not feeling good. I came back and heard great band members join together and make fabulous music for the next hour. All in all, a great night, just wish I could have gotten Bob's autograph, but I did get Keb on the Buddy Guy guitar. This was a great show and I hope they work together again in the near future so we can see them again.

No comments: