B O Z

When I took Dawn to see Boz Scaggs, I was going just to spend time out of the house with my wife, as I was not really that big a fan of his. Well, after the show I have to admit, that I did know way more songs performed then I thought I would, and grew, with each passing song performed, a better appreciation of the talent that is Boz. The performance was almost perfect. The music was tight, the harmonies were never faltering, and the band was so together, it could have been a recording. The background singers were par excellent, and the version of Randy Crawford's "Street Life" was in my opinion, better then the original. Boz has a unique voice and although it was hard for me to determine if natural or falsetto, it was none the less, a calm and soothing melodic instrument that blended right in with the band. Having never seen him in the past I would certainly go see him again given the chance and I highly recommend anyone to take in his show if available in your area.

No comments: