Talking with Nazz

Talked last week with Stewkey from Nazz. You all remember them as the originators of the hit "Hello, its Me", with Todd Rudgren. Well, they played in Sellersville last week and I got to speak with Stewkey about a concert Idea, my partner and I have. He told me it was a tremendous undertaking, but If we could pull it off that we should contact him and if and when the time drew near, we would exchange phone numbers, to get it together. My partner and I want to have a concert of local acts, up to 10 total, play a charity show. We would need the artists to donate their time, and in return, we would be donating parts of the proceeds to two charities. We would like to have something like Hippiefest for charity eventually, but I have been told by some of my friends in the business, that starting locally first would help. To date I have a commitment of 2 bands, Nazz, being the possible 3rd, and next month I have to meet with Laura Cheadle at the North Star Bar to talk to her and see if she is in. This is truely a monumentous task and will take the better part of this year to try to pull it off. More on Laura next month. Now to get ready for B B king this weekend. Then Rock art shows, James Cotton, Mark Hudson, The Rascals dvd shoot and more. more to come

No comments: