Peter Tork and The Blue Suede Shoes

Imagine actually getting to meet one of the Monkees. I was lucky enuf to have that happen to me. I found out they were playin in a local venue and I contacted them to see if they wanted some new pics for their website, as I have been fortunate in shooting about 10 bands now. I met them thur Richard Mikuls and have to say that I was impressed with Peter's talent. I only had known him as a bass player from NY, but to find him playing keyboard, guitar, was news to me. Their set included a Monkee song or two, and some other pop/rock, but mostly it was blues and it was refreshing to hear. Getting to Meet Peter and the rest of the band was great. I shot a lot of photos and some video for the band and (I still owe them the video) and even got all their autographs on my guitar. Peter Noone was also on the bill and I got him to resign another guitar(already signed one). Peter Tork is an honest and sincere man who seems to care about his audience and in todays world that is something to be proud of.

No comments: