Will Lee

On Sun, since I had to leave the show Sat nite early, I went back to the Keswick to meet up with Will Lee of the Fab Faux. I met up with my friend T Life and his wife Rene, and together we met up with Will after the show. First on the show, from the Cavern to the Rooftop. This show topped, if possible, the previous nights White Album show. The band is just so meticulous in reproducing perfect sounds for each song. As someone who never saw the Beatles live, to me, this is the next best thing. But I Digress. Meeting up with Will I had the chance to ask a few questions for this blog and here they are. When asked who Will had wished he had had a chance to work with FRANK ZAPPA was the reply even before the question had finished being asked. Then when asked who living he would have like to work with, both Stevie Wonder and Bill Withers names came up. Again for those who don't know Will, not only is he David Letterman's bass player, but quite possibly the only living human to have worked with all four of the original Beatles, along with countless other performers,(Jimi Hendrix, Steve Miller, The Rascals, Motown, Sly & the Family Stone) too many to list here. Will is a consummate bassist and multi instrument player. Guitar, Harmonica, piano, violin, trumpet, and French horn are among his talents. It is nice to know that someone who has basically been "to the top" of the music profession is such a down to earth approachable individual. I hope to someday be included in his list of friends, for he surely is one of mine.

No comments: