James Cotton and his blues band

Well, Dawn and I got to see the Legend himself Friday nite in Sellersville. His band is incredibly tight. The band consists of Slam Allen, guitar, vocals; Tom Holland, guitar, vocals; Noel Neal, bass; Kenny Neal, Jr., drums, and of course SUPERHARP - James Cotton. This has got to be one of the top 10 shows I have seen in the past 6 years, because the band was so tight. They went from song to song with non-stop action. Everyone got to solo on several songs, and My Lord, the bass player is just a madman. He has to be in the top 20 of all time. Just incredible. The vocals were always on point, and of course, Mr. Cotton, was just fantastic. He certainly lived up to his reputation that night. After the show we got to meet Mr. Cotton and he signed not only the guitar, but also a harmonica I bought just for this evening. He asked Dawn if she could play it. She replied, Hell no, I don't play and I would not attempt to play it in your presence, SIR. This put a big smile on his face, and he proceeded to sign it for us.

No comments: