Who thought It could Happen

Well, I always thought that George Michael would replace Freddie in Queen, but having seen Paul Rogers in MSG with the band, I have to admit that Paul pulled it off. First, as being one of the chosen ones to actually have been able to get tickets to the sold out show, I must say I was apprehensive at best. To me George M has the perfectly matched voice of Freddie. However after seeing the over 2 hr show at the Garden, I must admit that Paul did not try to copy Freddie in anyway, shape or form, and he still pulled off every Queen song and made it his own. The tribute to Freddie in "Bohemian Rhapsody", was to me as moving a tribute to him as one could get. To see him on the giant monitor playing the piano was sheer genius. Then to have Paul pick up after the guitar solo and close the song just proved that he did not try to substitute for Freddie, but pay homage to him instead.

No comments: