Little Feat

Saw the Little Feat (http://www.littlefeat.net/) show and have to say that although I enjoy their catalog of songs, since I have seen them for the last 3 years, a part of their act is getting old. Yes, I still enjoy Fat man in a Bathtub, and Sailin Shoes, but when it comes to their signature song of Dixie Chicken they need to make a change. Don't get me wrong, it is still such a great song to listen to, but to stretch it out longer each year they play it to a point that it has turned into a 30 minutes jam is disheartening. I have nothing against jam bands even though I don't care for the Dead or Phil Lesh, but come on Feat - don't fail me now. Lets just go back to playing D.C. for the 19.5 minutes and maybe 12 bar solos for each and try to keep it under 22 min. But to play for over 30 min is taking it a bit far don't you think. And to think I will probably have to go through this again next year as they come every year to the venue I work at.

No comments: