Philadelphia Recording Community

Tonight I went to a meeting with the Philadelphia Recording Community. I went for the purpose of starting to advertise locally this website, and to try to get help in getting paid ads for the site. I mistakenly did not allow enough time to stay for the full meeting, but what part I did get to see, I was totally impressed with. Here is a bunch of individuals, getting together to discuss the business of music. How to promote it, record it, produce it, advertise it, and all in all get it done properly and out to the public to be enjoyed. There are singers , songwriters, producers, lawyers, musicians and more abounding with knowledge and passion for their craft and willing to discuss and disseminate freely hundreds of combined years of experience at the mere answer to a question. I do have a full time job that takes up a lot of my time, and that is another reason I had to leave early, but rest assured, I will plan more time for the next meeting night so I can get to experience more of the wisdom this group of professionals has to offer to those who are willing to attend and simply ask for help. The thing that grabbed me the most tonight was the discussion of Phila schools and the lack of arts programs, and how this group will be moving to fill in that gap from the stupidity of the school board to eliminate the arts in schools. I only wish that the program will be a major success and that it could become a staple in this and everyother city for the education of our children into the world of arts and music.

I had left a ton of business cards and I encourage all attendees to scope out this site and feel free to leavc comments. I strongly suggest that any and all local musicians get involved in this group and make it grow and prosper and become the base for a national reform for keeping the music alive and growing in this country.

No comments: