The Wanderer

I met Dion (http://www.diondimucci.com/main.html) at the World Cafe in Philly after his set for the Free at Noon concert series for WXPN. His solo act was to promote his new blues album, and I have to say it was great. He covered the Allmans "statesboro blues" and did a terrific job. I was upset that he did not do any (except for the Wanderer) of his old songs. But then after the show I got to meet him and knew he was coming to my local venue, and asked him if I could expect to hear the older music there. He assured me I would and he did not let me down. Months passed and when he finally came around again, I was not disappointed. Hearing " Abraham, Martin and John" in person, meant a lot to me since I grew up during those trying times. Either of the two shows would have been enough, but the two together in one year was so much better.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have heard the new blues alblum and it is awsome