How I met Vanilla Fudge

Vanilla Fudge (http://www.vanillafudge.com/) played at my local venue and I got to meet them. This is how it happened. They came out to the lobby after their set to sign autographs. I of course had my guitar there to get signed, but since I was working the show as an usher, I had to wait my time. Well, as they were signing, the headliner decided they wanted to go on early, and the lights were turned out in the lobby, in the middle of the Fudge signing. Thinking quickly, I held my flashlight up over Tim Bogart's head to shine on what ever he was signing, and then their Road Manager saw was I was doing, and he grabbed another usher's flashlight and did the same thing over Carmine Appice's shoulder. They all got to finish their fans requests for autographs, and as a result of my actions, the road manager hooked me up with backstage rights to another show 3 weeks later, where my wife and I hung out all night backstage with Vanilla Fudge, Iron Butterfly and others. But that is for another BLOG.

No comments: